Thursday, November 22, 2007

Family Ties


As I was trying to go to sleep last night I began thinking about my wonderful family. Last week I went home to Michigan to attend my Uncle Gerry's memorial service. It was a sad occasion, but it was so incredibly good to be around these people once again. They make me realize how lucky I am to be part of such a loving and caring family who truly loves each other and would do anything for each other. When I was a little girl, we all lived within a few miles of one another, but as time has passed, people have retired to warmer climates, people (including myself) have moved to other states, and people have gotten busy - too busy - and consequently it has been a long time since we've all been together in one place. After the memorial service, my aunt treated us all to a beautiful dinner at a restaurant nearby, then we went back to dad and Nell's house to visit for awhile before everyone went home. We stayed until late that evening - I don't think anyone wanted to leave because it was just so good to be together again. We laughed and we cried together, and we reminded each other of all of our favorite old memories and funny stories. I thank God for putting me in this family and for putting such wonderful role models and loving, caring people in my life.

No comments: