Thursday, March 20, 2008

SPRING!




WELCOME SPRING! After a long, dreary winter it's always refreshing to be able to open the windows and let in the fresh air, even though I realize it won't be consistently warm and sunny for another few weeks. Yesterday as I was running errands I couldn't help but notice the beautiful Bradford Pear trees in full bloom all around the city. They are usually some of the first trees to bud, and they look so delicate and lacy with all of their white blossoms. This morning when I went outside a little spot of yellow caught my eye - my first blooming daffodil this year! It was such a welcome sight and so appropriately appearing on the first day of Spring!

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams

3 comments:

Angela said...

Woot! Spring!! She hasn't made her appearance here yet; we're supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow tonight!

Chris said...

beautiful pictures!

Tracey said...

Thanks for those pics. They are so nice to look at when I still have a bunch of snow outside!!