Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Graduation Clipboards

This year I made clipboards as graduation gifts for some of Jenna's friends. It was a great way to use up extra papers I've had forever, as well as a blast to play with! I figured they would be practical for the kids to use in their dorm rooms next year in college. Altogether I made 18 of them using a combination of techniques including acrylic paint, crackle glaze, ribbons, Mod Podge, inking, stamping, embossing, rub-ons, and glimmer mist. Basically I used anything I could think of that would still allow the clipboard to have a relatively smooth writing surface. Unfortunately I gave several of them away before it occurred to me to take pictures of them! The real gift was the check under the clip because even though they were time-consuming to make - they still only cost 97 cents apiece and even I am not THAT cheap!

1 comment:

Tami said...

WOW!! You made quite a few of those clipboards!! They're FABULOSO!! I bet that felt good to use up a bunch of paper like that :D