Monday, July 21, 2008

It's Been Awhile




I haven't been able to log onto Google for awhile now so I haven't updated in quite some time. (Not that I really had anything of interest to add anyway.) I wish I could say we are having a quiet, lazy summer but we aren't! We're as busy as ever. Unfortunately there isn't anything exciting going on to write about - just the same old routine and too much to get done in a day. Kim, with the help of our computer guy, finally got Google up and running again yesterday leaving me with no good excuse not to update.

I've enjoyed having Kristin home for almost a month, but she leaves in the morning to go back to Michigan. It's never easy to see her go, but I know she's excited to get back to her other life and she has a lot of friends there who are excited she's coming and that makes me happy for her. I'll be even happier once I've heard she's made the trip safely. Tonight we went to her favorite Mexican restaurant to celebrate her birthday - a month early - but a good excuse to give her an early birthday gift for the trip. We got her a GPS system which will help her and two of her friends navigate cross-country a little easier. I'm just praying she has a drama-less trip! Kim will also be leaving tomorrow to go to Nebraska. His mom will be released from the physical therapy hospital tomorrow and he and his brother and sister-in-law are helping her get situated in a new apartment in an assisted living facility. She wasn't the least bit happy about the move, but she understands it's where she needs to be at this point in her life. Hopefully she'll have an easy transition and will feel at home there soon.

With Jenna working, Kristin in Michigan and Kim in Omaha I'm looking forward to a quiet week. I'm hoping to get back to my exercise/diet routine and also to get a little scrapbooking done. There's an on-line crop coming up this weekend at Creative Scrappers. Since it's supposed to be 104 degrees in Oklahoma City on Saturday I'm thinking it will be a good day to stay inside where it's cool and have some "me" time. I was able to get a couple of pages done this weekend and it felt so good to play. They are from Jenna's prom a year ago.

I did this page last week as a Sketch Challenge at Creative Scrappers. We had to use the phrase "Just Cause" on our layout. "Mr. Wonderful" is my sweet little kitty, Riley.

No comments: