Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Great Trip to Michigan






Other than a rough time getting back home (and one emergency landing!), my trip to Michigan was wonderful! I couldn't have asked for prettier fall weather. I so miss the beautiful fall colors that I grew up with in Michigan. We have fall in Oklahoma, but it lacks the vibrant colors that I miss from my childhood. I met up with lots of friends and family; ate out a lot; did some shopping, saw a movie; spent time with Kristin and played lots of cards! I learned two fun new card games that I'll probably promptly forget now that I'm home. Kristin set me up with a Facebook account which could become a new addiction and we had a "sisters" day full of food, games and crafts. It was a beautiful, relaxing week but all good things must end - I'm back to life in the real world and now I must catch up on housecleaning, laundry and grocery shopping. What fun - I so wish vacations could last forever!




8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Fabulous pictures, Martha!!! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful visit!!

Taryn said...

Martha, your photos are beautiful! I'm so glad you had a nice trip; it sounds wonderful! (Minus the plane experience!) I didn't realize there wouldn't be as much Fall coloring in OK as we have in the midwest...I can understand missing that! Glad you got to enjoy a piece of it! Nice to see you on Facebook too! :)

Angie said...

Beautiful pictures Martha, glad you had a nice time.

Carol A. said...

Oh wow Martha...these photos are wonderful. I am so glad you had such a great time! Can't wait to see some pages using these photos. I especially loved the one with your pretty face in it for a change...LOL!

Kim in OK said...

Those photos are BEAUTIFUL! I'm glad you had a good time! WElcome home!

Gina Hanson said...

Martha, those pics are amazing! We just drove thru Edmond this past Saturday night, I was totally thinking of you, but it was late and you probably weren't even back from your vacation yet. :)

Shanna said...

Martha!!! Those photos are AMAZING! Absolutely breathtaking!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Gorgeous photos! Glad your trip was good. And you made it home safe after that huge scare!