Wednesday, March 4, 2009

One Picture - Many Pages



I recently participated in a contest at Creative-Scrappers called One Picture - Many Pages. Kristine sent everyone the same picture (a shot of some ice shanties in British Columbia) that you could use in any way you liked to make a layout. It was really interesting to see how different everyone's pages were, yet we were all using the same photo. Here's what I came up with. I misunderstood the rules at first - thinking we simply had to use the picture. I didn't realize it was the ONLY picture we could use on our page. I had to redo the challenge - hence I ended up with a two-pager for my scrapbook. I really wanted to use something that related to my life since it's going in my scrapbook. The picture brought back memories of the fishing shacks on the lake at camp when we'd go up for winter camp every year. I used the Mod Podge photo transfer technique Natalie taught us, then inked the background picture with clear ink and used sparkle embossing powder on it to get a sparkly winter background. It was a messy, fun page to do!

1 comment:

Carol A. said...

You did such a great job on this contest, Martha. I love the techiniques you used on this...I have to try this!